This all-inclusive cycling challenge is open to people of all ages and all abilities. The racetrack is long (2.4 miles) and very wide, so it’s perfect for everyone!
We’ll once again be offering a Family Challenge for children aged 4-14 who can cycle as many laps as they can. Our Bronze (10 laps), Silver (20 laps) and Gold (30 laps) challenges will also be returning.
All funds raised from the day will support Regain, the only charity dedicated to improving the lives of people who have become tetraplegic in a sporting accident.
New for 2024
Platinum Cycling Challenge
For those of you looking for the ultimate challenge, we’re delighted to be offering a new Platinum Challenge, which is a whopping 42 laps of Thruxton, giving you the chance to cycle 100 miles and join an exclusive club!
Team Relay Challenge
We’re also offering a new Team Relay challenge for teams of 4 people with the challenge being to cycle 42 laps/100 miles between you. How you split the laps up is completely up to you, so why not get your friends or work colleagues together for an awesome team challenge?
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it cost?
To take part in the Regain Cycling Challenge you are required to pay a registration fee for your chosen cycling challenge and to fundraise as much as you can for Regain.
The challenge options are:
Family Cycling Challenge (Age 4-14)
£20 per child (must be accompanied by an adult) and as much fundraising as possible. Includes technical and medical support on the track, event timing, refreshments whilst cycling, medal and post event food.
Bronze (10 Laps), Silver (20 Laps), Gold (30 laps) and Platinum (42 laps) Cycling Challenges
£30 and suggested fundraising of £100 plus. Includes technical and medical support on the track, event timing, refreshments whilst cycling, medal and post event food.
Team Relay (teams of 4)
£99 and suggested fundraising of £200 plus. Includes technical and medical support on the track, event timing, refreshments whilst cycling, medals and post event food.
Download the 2024 information pack for more FAQs
Highlights From 2023
Conditions of Entry
- A non-refundable booking fee is required to attend the Regain Cycling Challenge 2024. In addition, we ask you to fundraise as much as you can for Regain.
- If you do not plan to take up your place for any reason, you must inform Regain immediately. You must contact all of your sponsors to ask if they wish to make a donation or have their sponsorship money returned.
- The good reputation of the charity is paramount. You must agree to act lawfully and follow the fundraising guidelines laid out by Regain.
- Funds raised on the Regain Cycling Challenge 2024 cannot be transferred to or from other Regain challenges.
- You must wear a cycling helmet for the duration of the challenge. You must only take part using a fully working, safe, and well-maintained bicycle.
- You participate at your own risk and are responsible for your personal safety at all times. Regain cannot be responsible for any loss or damage however arising, or theft of your bicycle or for any injuries or illness that occur as a result of this event.
- Participating children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult at tall times.
- Regain may at their sole discretion withdraw places on the event or stop people cycling on the day of the challenge, if they believe it is in the best interests of you the participant, the charity, event staff, other participants, or the general public to do so.
- If the event is not able to go ahead, the event will be postponed to a later date. In this instance, the non-refundable deposit will be transferred to the new event date for you to use again. If the event is cancelled you will receive a full refund of your booking fee and any donors wanting a refund, would receive one.
- No participant must enter the Thruxton Airfield in the centre of the racetrack. Any participant doing so would be responsible for any fine.