Challenge yourself to cycle from London to Amsterdam in two epic days on this iconic Dream Challenge for Regain! Kicking off in Stratford, home of the famous Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, you will cycle over 100km through the quintessential English suburbs and countryside to Harwich.
An overnight ferry later, your fast-paced adventure will continue in the cyclists’ haven of the Netherlands. With over half your bike ride behind you, your second and final day will see you cycling alongside the stunning coastline and revelling in the fresh North Sea breeze. Later, you’ll head inland through traditional Dutch towns and countryside to your amazing finish line in Amsterdam!
Also known as the Venice of the North, the must-see city of Amsterdam is made up of a maze of canals and colourful streets packed with art and culture. Here, you’ll toast your achievement for sports tetraplegics and tuck into a very well-deserved Celebration Dinner.
You’ll spend the night in an Amsterdam hotel and have the morning free to explore the historic and cultural landmarks of the city. Then, you’ll head back to King’s Cross in London, ready to support Regain again on another Dream Challenge!
The best part of this phenomenal cycling challenge is that it brings people from all cycles of life together in support of our crucial cause. By taking part in the bike ride, you will help Regain provide life changing care for more tetraplegics across the UK. Because Regain is a small charity with a specific cause, all the funds and awareness you raise will go a very long way.
To our tetraplegic challengers:
We encourage all tetraplegics, wheelchair and hand bike users to join this fantastic charity challenge. If you plan to use a hand bike, please fill out this form to let the event organisers know before registering for the challenge.
Regain is able to fund a very limited number of places for carers/assistants, so if you require someone to accompany you on the challenge to assist with your daily care, please contact Regain Sports Charity as soon as possible. This person would be expected to cycle with you and assist you during the day, supporting you generally throughout the challenge.
There is only a limited number of places available for tetraplegics to take part. This is due to the limited number of accessible cabins available on the overnight ferry
What is included?
- Your Eurostar and overnight ferry ticket with a twin share sleeping cabin.
- Meals throughout your challenge (except for breakfast on Day 1 and lunch & dinner on Day 3).
- Hotel accommodation in Amsterdam.
- Luggage transportation and support/repatriation vehicle.
- A team of outdoor remote first-aid trained challenge guides.
- Full support from the Dream Challenges office in the lead up to and during your challenge.
- Medical support, including a UK-qualified doctor with expedition medicine experience accompanying us throughout the challenge.
- Mechanical support.
- Your Regain London to Amsterdam Cycling Challenge 2022 t-shirt and medal.
*Please note that bike hire is not included, so please bring your own bike. If you would like to hire a bike, please get in touch at email@example.com or on 01590 646410 (Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm) and we can arrange this for you.
What else do participants need to budget for?
- There will be an option to stay after the cycling challenge in the Netherlands at an extra cost (to be confirmed).
- Your personal travel insurance.
- Breakfast on Day 1 (to have before you set off from London).
- Lunch and dinner on Day 3.
- Personal expenses and gratuities.
- You may also want to pay for a single supplement so you can have a room to yourself at our accommodation. Simply contact Dream Challenges and we can arrange this for you at an additional price.
How to sign up:
Please visit the event page on the Dream Challenges website to get the full details and to book your place.